IELTS stands for International English language testing System. It is conducted by three institutions, namely, the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment (University of Cambridge).
Students aspiring to study abroad in the English-speaking nations, need to clear an English language proficiency test. Candidates whose native language is not English, have to prove their ability to read, write, speak, and understand English, so as to be able to follow lectures, study, take exams, and interact comfortably with fellow students, teachers and the local population. Hence, a standardised English language proficiency test for non-native English speakers has been established as a pre-requisite for the selection process, and also for immigration purpose.
- IELTS is the most impartial and trustworthy English proficiency test available for the purposes of study, work, and immigration.
- Most academic institutions in English-speaking countries, like, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and an increasing number of educational institutions in the United States, accept IELTS for study.
- For work purposes, many professional organisations recognise IELTS as the standard test.
- For migration, IELTS is required or accepted for permanent residency by the governments of the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Canada
- It is an internationally relevant test because it accepts both British and American spellings.
- The test makes use of Australian, British and American accents, thus covering the major English-speaking accents.
There are certain tips and tricks to score high in the IELTS exam
- Keep the practice on, especially the speaking and listening section get used to accent of the native speakers.
- Always take care of the general and academic section and follow the format of each section as per your respective category.
- Always be careful in listening section, as it most crucial section, and at the same time most scoring too.
It is well-known that for scoring high, its not just the hard work, but also smart work with right tricks to crack the exam. With appropriate coaching, one can achieve the desired results.